The Embassy of the United States is pleased to announce the call for proposals for the 2017 U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) 2017 Small Grants Competition.
The AFCP was established in 2001 in collaboration with the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) to assist countries in preserving their cultural heritage. You are invited to work with U.S. Embassy Colombo’s Public Affairs Section to develop and submit proposals for possible funding under this initiative. To date, through the auspices of the AFCP, the Embassy has supported four projects in Maldives valued at nearly $96,000, and ten projects in Sri Lanka valued at almost $900,000.
Funding Range for Individual Awards: From $10,000 to $200,000 per project. In FY 2016, awards ranged from US $21,400 to US $140,000.
The deadline for receipt of proposals is December 15, 2016. Please contact Grants Applications Manger on ColomboPDGrants@state.gov with “AFCP Small Grants Program” in the subject line for further information or to submit proposals.
The U.S. Embassy Colombo looks forward to receiving strong proposals in support of efforts to preserve Maldivian and Sri Lankan cultural heritage for future generations.
Further details on proposal requirements can be found in the annexures below.
- Annexure I – General Information (MS Word, 30 KB)
- Annexure II – Budget (MS Word, 18 KB)
- Annexure III – Budget Summary (MS Word, 15 KB)
- Instruction sheet for DUNS (PDF, 106 KB)
- Standard Form 424A (PDF 314 KB)
- Standard Form 424B (PDF 87 KB)
- Quick Start Guide For New Grantee Registration (PDF 214 KB)
- How to Register to SAMS (PDF 77 KB)
- General Instructions for Registering in DUNS / SAM (PDF 25 KB)
- Application for Federal Assistance SF-424 (PDF 320 KB)
- Disclosure of Lobbing Activities (PDF 524 KB)