The U.S. Embassy Colombo/Sri Lanka is pleased to announce that the United States government will offer one fully funded Master’s degree in the United States through the Fulbright Foreign Student Program in the Maldives. Selected candidate would begin study at a U.S. university in Fall 2021. The Program is offered to all Maldivian nationals.
Fulbright grant provisions include: round-trip airfare, tuition and related academic fees, monthly stipend for room, board and incidental expenses, book allowance, health and accident insurance, travel allowance and excess baggage allowance and pre-academic English language training (if necessary).
The grants will be offered for degrees in the following fields:
|Political Science||International Relations|
|Journalism/Mass Communication||Public Administration|
|Women’s Studies/Gender Studies||Social Sciences & Humanities|
|Engineering||Library and Information Studies|
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree (four year) with an outstanding academic record
- Not have degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program
- Not hold a master’s degree from any third country
- Have at least two years full-time professional experience
- Have relevant degrees or professional experience in their proposed field of study
- Be fluent in English
- Be in good health
- Be Maldivian citizens residing in Maldives at the time of application
- Agree to return to Maldives on completion of studies in the U.S.
- Be willing to refund the cost of the return ticket if electing to return home before completion of the degree
- Link to the online application form and detailed instructions: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2021
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform that you have applied.
- Candidates selected for interviews will be asked to submit hard copy documents to the American Center in Malé. Applicants should have ready official, original, sealed transcripts.
- Finalists selected for the Fulbright Fellowship will need to take the TOEFL and GRE tests shortly after being notified of selection. Prospective candidates are advised to prepare well in advance to take these tests if selected. Having competitive scores will be essential in university placement. The TOEFL and GRE tests will be conducted at the American Center, Male’.
Closing date for applications is May 23, 2020