The U.S. Embassy, Colombo/Sri Lanka is pleased to announce that the United States government will offer one or two grants for a fully-funded Master’s degree in the United States through the Fulbright Foreign Student Program in the Maldives. Selected candidate would begin study at a U.S. university in fall 2018. The program is offered to all Maldivian nationals between the ages 24-30 years. The grants will be offered for degrees in the following fields:
|History /American History||Public Administration|
|English Literature /American Literature/ Linguistics||Sociology/Anthropology|
|International Relations||Women’s Studies/Gender Studies|
Fulbright grant provisions include: round-trip airfare, tuition and related academic fees, monthly stipend for room, board, and incidental expenses, book allowance, health and accident insurance, travel allowance and excess baggage allowance, and pre-academic English language training (if necessary).
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding academic record
- Not have degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program
- Not hold a master’s degree from any third country
- Have at least two years full-time professional experience
- Have relevant degrees or professional experience in their proposed field of study
- Be between 24 – 30 years old
- Be fluent in English
- Be in good health
- Be Maldivian citizens residing in Maldives at the time of application
- Agree to return to Maldives on completion of studies in the U.S.
- Be willing to refund the cost of the return ticket if electing to return home before completion of the degree
- Fill out the online application by creating a user account at https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international/20/. Detailed instructions for the online application and the link to the online application are available at http://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/online_application_instructions.html
- Finalists selected for the Fulbright Fellowship will need to take the TOEFL and GRE tests shortly after being notified of selection. Prospective candidates are advised to prepare well in advance to take these tests if selected. Having competitive scores will be essential in university placement. The TOEFL and GRE tests will be conducted at the American Center, Malé.
Review our Frequently Asked Questions at http://goo.gl/GrBucM
Closing date for applications is August 1, 2017.